FORM THE OCEAN: A SCHEDULE
*Schedule elements may change prior to the weekend. For now, here's what we've got!
FRIDAY, MAY 18: DAY 1
- 4-6 PM: Registration & get cozy in rooms
- 6-7 PM: Welcome dinner
- 7-10:30 PM: Welcome dance with Gaye Fifer & Anadama
- 10:30 PM and on: Campfire, singing, s'mores
SATURDAY, MAY 19: DAY 2
- 8-9 AM: Breakfast & Participant-led Warm Up Space
- 9-9:20 AM: Orientation
- 9:30-11 AM: Contra dance with integrated style workshop
- 11 AM-1 PM: Community talk: Facilitated whole group dialogue with tool sharing and practice, then breakout group topics determined by community.
- 1-2 PM: Lunch
- 2-3 PM: Revisiting the Basics Waltz Workshop with Gaye Fifer & Anadama OR Bodying: Indoor Rock Climbing, Hiking, or Archery
- 3-5 PM: Open Space for Participant-led Jamming: Making, Musicing, Bodying
- 5-6 PM: Beyond the Basics Waltz Workshop with Gaye Fifer & Anadama OR Participant-led Jamming: Dance - Flourishes, Dipping safely, How To Lead 101, etc.
- 6-7 PM: Dinner
- 7-10:30 PM: Evening Contra Dance with Gaye Fifer & Anadama
- 10:30-11 PM: Popsicle Social
- 11 PM and on: Contra with Open Band & Callers OR Late Night Snacks and Jamming OR Night Hike OR Telescope Viewing of the Stars
SUNDAY, MAY 20: DAY 3
- 8-9 AM: Breakfast & pack up rooms
- 9-11 AM: Sauna available
- 9-10 AM: Participant Led Warm Up Space: Bodying OR Leadership Talk: How to create your own dance weekend
- 10-11:30 AM: Open Waltzing
- 10-1 PM: Open Space: Making, Bodying, Unfinished Business...
- 12-1PM: GIANT. SWING.
- 1-2 PM: Lunch
- 2-4 PM: Farewell Contra with Gaye Fifer & Anadama